Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Falling in love (again)

Well today is the first day of fall. And it's almost full moon again. And classes are starting. Very auspicious. So it is time to set some plans in motion.

First, I must map out my strategy to complete my PhD. Luckily, I will have the help and support of my committee. And my husband. And friends.
Next, I should be sending out some applications for jobs. Again, I am not alone in this endeavor and I have faith that I will find something great.
To these ends, I also have to involve myself in some activities to help me maintain my sanity. I have tentatively planned to enter a couple races. I am tempted to try my first triathlon, but something (or should I say someone, Ronly to be specific) tells me to wait.
I have to give Ronly a moment here... since the first time we started running together, my life has changed and I count myself lucky to have had contact with such an amazing and generous woman. Last night we bid our dear IGERT coordinator adieu and she is on to better things, which she fully deserves. We'll miss her.

I named this post "falling in love (again)" because I am now back here in Riverside and I remember why I loved it so much. I am with my husband and doggies again, and I love them more than anything. I have a job that I love doing. I love that Riverside blooms in the spring and again in the "fall spring" as one of the campus grounds-crew explained to me. I guess that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment