Thursday, October 27, 2011

Airborne

I have been taking this since Saturday because I felt stressed and under the weather.  I had planned to get a flu shot on Monday, so I wanted to give my immune system a boost.  Here are the contents of this *Effervescent Health Formula*
Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate)
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Vitamin E (dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate)
Magnesium (as oxide & sulfate)
Zinc (sulfate)
Selenium (chelate)
Manganese (gluconate)
Sodium (bicarbonate)
Potassium (bicarbonate)
Maltodextrin
Lonicera (flower)
Forsythia (fruit)
Schizoenpeta (aboveground parts)
Ginger (dried rhizome)
Chinese Vitex (fruit)
Isatis (root)
Echinacea (above ground parts)
Glutmine
Lysine

Then yesterday my colleague says to me "I was part of a settlement... We sued the company because the product doesn't work... But I've never even taken it... I got $15."

I've taken supplements like this all through college.  I tried MANY non-FDA regulated supplements which were later part of litigation.  How can we expect to transition to plant-based remedies, where people can grow their own medicines and promote more sustainable health care, if people do not trust plant blends to supply them with nutrients?  People take pills easily, without question, but why are such nutraceutical blends attacked?  Maybe we just need more data...

No comments:

Post a Comment