Wednesday, July 31, 2013

bye-bye gas guzzler

Sometimes I think in pictures.  When I can't find a clipart that expresses the img in my mind, I get creative!  Right now, I'm heading into a car-free future and I'm excited and terrified.

Why am I scared?  I worry that we will be hit by a gas guzzler, which is ironic because we've been driving sooooooo much over the past two years it's remarkable that we've not been in an accident.

A rough estimate of husb and myself's driving habits (21 miles and 36 miles to work, respectively) and husb and myself's fuel economy of our vehicles (35 mpg and 41 mpg, highway, respectively) gives roughly 1500 gallons of gasoline we used in two years.  That's 28,600 pounds of carbon dioxide emitted.

We're investing in Metrolink and taking the green route, at least for the month of August to see how it goes.  What are your stats?

No comments:

Post a Comment