Monday, August 20, 2018

#BCCE2018 Part 1

I can't believe I've been back for two weeks and I'm only one-third done summarizing what I learned!

I traveled to Nebraska first to see family and attend the Pawnee County fair.

A post shared by Kayla Kaiser (@hamerk02) on

I also wanted to connect with alumni from the class of '98. Education was a big part of my life and I value the formative years I spent at a Math and Science magnet school. That was even before we called it "STEM."


One of the things I learned on the tour of the school is that Rich Molettiere is still working there as the Technology Coordinator. He issued me my first e-mail address, which was on the intranet. Kids these days take e-mail for granted. I feel like our school was ahead of the game in that we had a way to message our teachers through intranet. He is the one who assigned me the moniker "hamerk02" which I still use today as a unique identifier online. I've never thought about who hamerk01 might be until this minute.

I also learned that Cecilia Nolan is still working there. She was the coach of our dance team.

No comments:

Post a Comment