Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Pregnancy Part 6

Got a phone call from my OB's office today. Results from NIPT are in. Everything is normal. We're having a boy. That is all.

I am looking forward to next month, where we will travel down to the beach (in 4 weeks) to see my nephew's football game. We will stay in a hotel with my mother-in-law and her husband, which we have stayed in before. I love their continental breakfast. Then we're going back to the same hotel (in 6 weeks) to see my father-in-law for a formal dinner. I guess I am just looking forward to some fun trips to break up the monotony of the semester.

I think we have decided to skip the babymoon over thanksgiving. It seems silly to travel 200 miles away for no reason and spend a few hundred dollars on hotel, gas and food. I imagine I will be exhausted by that time and I will want to do nothing but rest. I wish we could take our dog on Amtrak. I wish I could still ride a bicycle. As dear husband keeps reminding me, I will have the rest of my life to do those things. This pregnancy will only happen once.

I'm trying harder than ever to keep up with grading and to stay on top of my students so that they are turning in their work on time. I'm hoping to lower my stress by not falling behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment