Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Pregnancy Part 15

The food journey has been quite wild. Now that I'm looking at the data, I am actually doing OK on hitting the meal plan, better than my last check-in. It just seems bad since we're eating out more.

Week 19 - 31% (seven fast food)
Week 20 - 43% (four fast food)
Week 21 - 37% (five fast food)
Week 22 - 46% (five fast food)
Week 23 - 34% (seven fast food)

Just 3 more weeks of the second trimester. I'm definitely gaining weight faster than the recommendation for my BMI, but I'm not sure there's much I can do about it. If I eat less, I end up with a monster headache that lingers for 36 hours and I'm definitely not wanting to go through that again.
It seems like my weight gain is pretty steady and linear. The app from my healthcare team says that I should reach 206 to 215 lbs by the end of my pregnancy and I'm on track to exceed both of those numbers. I feel like I'm almost ready to give up on all this tracking nonsense and just live my life and grow this baby and stop micromanaging it. Maybe after the semester is over and I'm at home all day and I can cook what I want and eat when I want and shop when I want and relax most all the time, then I will be able to let go a little bit of this strict control and eat more intuitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment