Friday, March 31, 2017

New Feels

I'm enjoying the new house.  Although moving is stressful, we did it!  Nothing changes if nothing changes.



Cooking in the new kitchen has been fantastic.  I am even enjoying washing dishes.  The lack of clutter is inspiring.

One thing we Nebraskans always say about the month of March is: "In like a lamb, out like a lion" or vice versa "In like a lion, out like a lamb."  The weather has been mondo windy (lion-like).  But I feel a sense of contentment (lamb-like).

I'm getting ready to attend the ACS meeting in San Francisco.  Taking a "red-eye" Greyhound bus from LA to SF.  My poster is printed and so are my tickets and name badge!

I've been biking to school all week and LOVING IT!!!!  For St. Patrick's Day I wrote a post for Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) about our motivation for moving to Northridge. http://www.la-bike.org/green_on_the_ground_reseda_blvd

I'm feeling so much.  Making new friends.  Finding new places.  Biking new routes.  Getting lost.  Going to the dog park.  Getting mail.  Rollerskating.  It's scary and exhilarating, exhausting and comforting, risk with rewards.  Trying to pace myself.  I do not need to make everything perfect immediately.

And happy anniversary to my husband of 9 years.  I'm grateful to have found such a super teammate to run this rat race with.

No comments:

Post a Comment