Saturday, July 13, 2019

Fertility Part 20

A few significant things happened this week. First, my acupuncturist will no longer see me because I am pregnant. Second, I got the results of my blood-work back and I am still pregnant.

July 3rd - 11dp5dt - hCG: 260 IU/L - E2: 1,014 pg/mL - P4: 31.4 ng/mL
July 5th - 13dp5dt - hCG: 664 IU/L - E2: 912 pg/mL - P4: 28.6 ng/mL
July 12th - 20dp5dt - hCG: 7,986 IU/L - E2: 1,110 pg/mL - P4: 29.4 ng/mL

What is considered normal E2 levels? 188 - 2497 pg/mL in the first trimester. What is considered normal P4 levels? 100-200 ng/ml by the end of pregnancy. There are also some values presented in this paper. hCG: 4620 IU/L - E2: 1,627 pg/mL - P4: 24.8 ng/mL in 42 women, average age 29, at 8 weeks pregnant.


There are so many acronyms in the fertility community. Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a hormone produced by the placenta after implantation. This is the substance that is detected in home pregnancy tests, such as First Response Early Response (FRER). E2 is estradiol and P4 is progesterone, these are the hormones that I am taking every day.

The way women tell other women online how far along they are is in weeks+days. For example today I am 5+1. For IVF cycles with a frozen embryo transfer (IVF), the abbreviation is days past (dp) and age of the embryo transferred (dt). So for me, I did a 5dt because the embryo we transferred was a 5 day blastocyst when it was frozen and thawed.

Today I am attending my first RESOLVE meeting. It is a support group for infertility. I do not know how the group will respond to a newcomer that is actually already pregnant, but I know that I do need support and connections in case I do end up with a miscarriage. I am not expecting that outcome, but until 8-10 weeks, there is still a chance.

My symptoms include feeling hot, very tender breasts, sore backside (where I take the shots), alternating between hungry/full/nauseous. I felt a little emotional the past few days, crying easily. I am not in the phase yet of taking pictures of my invisible baby bump. We got our first gift from a friend last weekend in Riverside. So cute booties, hats and onesies. I am starting to create space in our 2nd bedroom to accumulate "baby stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment