Monday, October 5, 2026

hello fall

Yes I experienced a fall. I fell on my hand, my fingers bent backwards towards the back of my hand. Then I tried to tuck and roll and landed on my knee and shoulder. It sucks, it happened a week ago. Lots of negative things happened last week.

Before my fall, I had a serious mistake at the Bimbo Global Race in Pasadena. I had carpooled with my friend. We got there early, did the bib pick-up the day before, everything was going great.

At the start line I realized I had lost the car keys. So I DNS'd the race. Met up with my husband who brought the spare keys. It wasn't the race day I had hoped for.

Then a few days later, the window on our driver's side dropped down and wouldn't go back up. I spent Thursday morning fixing those two problems, even with a busted hand and busted knee.

I gotta spend some time this week undoing the damage from my fall. I need a chiropractor and a massage. Don't know if I should have gotten an x-ray. 

The hand feels better. I can (almost) type. I can (painfully) write. It hurts really bad when I bump it on something. It hurts when I shake it, like shaking out laundry, or shaking water off my hands. 

But I was able to run on Sunday without my hand hurting. The skinned knee is not healed yet, but thank goodness I had some 2" x 4" flexible fabric bandages.

Thank goodness we have jobs that pay enough to afford to have these things happen and we can resolve them in less than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment