Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Inagural Blog Post

Welcome to my blog! I've been blogging since before they even called it that. I decided to start this blog through the Google clan as a way to establish myself formally in the blogosphere. I want to swim in the common waters of everymanblogger to see how it feels. Hopefully, I will be able to build some new connections and contacts through this medium.

I'm training for a cross-country bicycle ride. My goal is to take this ride after I graduate from University of California, Riverside with as a Doctor of Philosophy in chemistry. I have been an avid cyclist since the early 1980s. My most cherished memory is being buckled in behind my Dad flying through Elmwood Park in Omaha, Nebraska, stretching my arms out, tossing back my head, feeling truly free. I've been chasing that feeling ever since.

In addition to my interest in social networking and my plans to conquer North America on a bike, this blog is devoted to the daily events in the life of a graduate student. I do science. I've always asked, "Why?" Not only "Why is the sky blue?" but also "Why does that paint peel off the wall? What happens if I mix these two substances together and add energy?" My natural curiosity and passion for pursuing knowledge through experience has caused me to pursue the path to professional scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment