Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Month of Mama part 2

Wow, I spent the last post writing about things but I did not get to my clothes and shoes. Which was of course what I had originally wanted to write about.

Team Sparke running skirt + Minnie Mouse ears.  We had the most fun walking through downtown disney on christmas. I saw all the people wearing their ears and I knew that when I went to disney, I would want to wear a pair of ears too. I also have been following Team Sparkle running skirts and since I'm enjoying running more I thought a running skirt would be fun. Even better it matches the ears.

New Shoes. I was struggling with footwear. I had been sporting the same pair of Brooks for a few years with little need for more. The quarantine pandemic times kept me home with the exception of Fit4Mom workouts. Those shoes really took a beating. So I replaced them with two pairs. I appreciated the expedited service at Fleet Feet in Burbank.


LuLaRoe haul - after getting just one shirt from Buy Nothing, and a few pairs of leggings, and then a second shirt... I knew I was in love. I want comfort. I demand it. Coming out of the pandemic and extended maternity leave, I didn't fit into any of my old clothes for teaching. It was alarming. I thought after 2 years my boobs would have shrunk down to a normal size but nope! Luckily I found a woman who was moving and dumping her entire inventory. There were lots of shirts in sizes that didn't fit me so I was able to gift them out to other people. I had like 14 pairs of leggings leftover and seriously just look at all these shirts. Over 20 because I remember counting them and realizing that I would have to repeat. There were a couple of dresses as well and some skirts. This has been a lifesaver.


Fit4Mom Merch - it was around the time of back to school when I decided to get a few items from the online shop. I really liked the Mama Magic tank but when I didn't buy it, it went out of stock in my size. But I found this MomPwr tank that is tight but the design is pretty cute. I got a MAMA trucker hat with a ponytail slot that I love and wear all the time. I get complimented on it a lot. I also got a headband with the F4M logo and a tie-dye type print. I don't wear it a lot, but when I do, it's super comfy. I thought about giving it to my sister who will be going through postpartum hair loss pretty soon so maybe this is a hint that I need to drop that in the mail for her.


It looks like around that time I also attended a Zyia activewear party and purchased a few bras and a running belt. It's like a belt for my oversized shirts and dresses that holds my phone wallet and keys. It's PERFECT. I wear it EVERY DAMN DAY because my new LuLaRoe wardrobe is without pockets. Unfortunately, neither the Bomber nor the All Star Bra worked for me. I couldn't really enjoy those 2 bras because I'm still breastfeeding. I wear nursing bras when I have to (for teaching) then braless at home. I workout in Enell or SheFit. The Zyia bras just didn't provide enough support for a workout but were too tight for everyday wear. 


So that brings me to my preferred activewear. I love my SheFit bras. I had two already that I had been rocking for over a year. So I decided to re-up and re-supply since there were a few styles at a discounted price. Rather than looking for a new swimsuit, many people report that they use their SheFit as a swimsuit top which makes really good sense to me.


I can see why the watermelon tie dye isn't for everyone. It has some hints of some strange blue color, which just so happened to match pretty well with these shorts I got. The first couple were from Faeriesty which is an LA-based company. Each pair was only $5 but they are very simple and the waistband is a bit loose for serious workouts, I got the 3x size. I added two pairs of CRZ YOGA feeling naked biker shorts, which do have pockets. I love how they feel, they will be great to wear under dresses and such, but the waistband does slip down during workouts.



And I can't wrap this post up without talking about the jewel in my crown, Purple Reign. I had such great support from my first Enell bra, which BTW I did pay full price for. The company offered a deal on this style and I don't really care about the color. 


So that brings me to a natural stopping point. I still didn't get to the thing I really wanted to talk about, but I guess that means I just have to write up a part 3. And it also means I'm a very lucky lady because I have invested so much time and money in appreciating myself. Which I deserve because I work very hard. And you only have one body, which should be appreciated and cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment