Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Month of Mama part 3

I did try to find these items used, I really did. But there's only so many things you can buy used. Bras and panties are just not in that category. I have been searching out the brand names Kindred Bravely and Latched Mama constantly on Facebook marketplace and other online outlets of used clothing. There just isn't that much inventory. So when I finally placed an order, and it got lost, I decided to just take the plunge and get the items new.


First, I have to say the simply sublime nursing bra is 100% what I needed to add to my wardrobe. I didn't see myself wearing the nursing bras I bought ages ago while still pregnant but now that I work outside the home, I do have to wear some kind of bra every day. Turns out these are the only ones that don't hurt after awhile. It was 100% comfortable and supportive from the moment I put it on. I didn't get this white/blue ombre, I got it in Beige - XXL-Busty. Cannot recommend strongly enough.

I did get two pairs of Bamboo Hipster Panties | Beige - XXL/XXXL but I am not a fan. I will probably pass these along to my sister. I can't say what bothers me about them but they just aren't comfortable for me on my body at this moment. I think if I had a big pregnant bump, it would make sense but with my mom tummy it just looks like an overhanging blob of fat and it's not cute.


This model looks fine in the panties, but it didn't look like this on me. She's carefully hiding the love handles too. I'm wearing the Organic Cotton Nursing & Sleep Bra | Beige - XXL-Busty today at work and I love it. It's really soft and it doesn't cling too tight and it does support and it doesn't dig into my back rolls. For making a large order, I got this nursing and sleep bra for free and I also got free shipping. The total was $163.15 for all these items.


I also got the Bamboo Nursing & Maternity Tank | Slate Blue - XX-Large instead of the clip down spaghetti string tank shown in the first photo. I didn't expect it to be double-layered on front and back. I guess it does also camoflauge the back rolls better that way. It seems like it will get hot in the summer and I still get night sweats so I'm not sure it will be a home run but I will definitely try it out. My husband helped me fashion show all of these items in different combinations. He told me that the Bamboo Maternity & Postpartum Lounge Shorts | Slate Blue - XX-Large and the Everyday Lounge Joggers | Slate Blue - XX-Large are probably best kept as house pants. They are a very thin material and definitely showcase my cellulite. I got the Eleanora Bamboo Maternity & Nursing Lounge Dress | in Oatmeal Stripe instead of Navy Stripe and in size - XX-Large. It looks like it's going to be very comfortable and perfect for nursing on the go. I like that it is light-colored so that it will reflect light and be nice and cool for summer.

What's great is the slate color of the leggings coordinates really well with this "denim" colored floral. This hoodie is long in the back and covers up the aforementioned cellulite very well which would make it more acceptable to leave the house in this ensemble. It's also very lightweight which is nice to protect my arms from baby talons but yet not get me overheating.


What I also love is that the color of this "mountain springs" nursing dress coordinates with the slate leggings well too. The placement of the banding is very flattering and my husband authorized me to wear this to disneyland. I think I will pair it with some of the shorts on the previous post. I like that it has side-access nursing or you can pull the neckline down. It's very stretchy and forgiving. I also like the length. It will allow me to sit on a hot bench and not touch the metal to my skin but also have my knees uncovered so that they can sweat.


I'm not super happy about the color of this dress. It's not really good for wearing out and about. But I'm wondering if I overdye it with the other tie-dye stuff, maybe I can get some good banding like the Mountain Springs one and then it won't look so pajama-y. I like how in the photo, she is showing how you can pull to the side for night nursing. I also like how they use plus-size models so you can see how the clothes will look on your body and decide if the style is right for you.


I love the color of this dress. The fabric weight is pretty heavy. I finally got my husband on board with why I store dresses in a drawer rather than on a hanger. It came with a belt and the nursing access is really good. The only problem with it is that I am very short, so the dress is almost to the floor.


These last two I found on poshmark used. They are worth every penny. I have been LIVING in the loungewear long-sleeved top. The tank dress is a bit long and I might sew up the shoulders but with that modification, it is awesome. These two are how I became more confident that I needed the 2XX and 3XXX sizes. I don't care. I'm fine with it. They're comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment