Monday, December 9, 2019

Pregnancy Part 17

Officially, I am ready to stop working. I have arrived at work (reluctantly) and I am so not in the mood to do anything work-related. I have no idea how some women work right up until they give birth, unless they have no other alternative. I assume if I had to, I would figure out a way to do it.
Week 24 - 40% (five fast food)
Week 25 - 34% (two fast food)
Week 26 - 29% (six fast food)

I am absolutely obsessed with preparing for the baby's arrival. All I want to think about is getting little baby clothes, bibs, diapers, sitting in a rocking chair, reading to the baby, putting my feet up, getting all the furniture put together so it's ready. Yesterday, I put together the stroller and practiced all the features of folding and unfolding and converting it so that it's ready for the baby carrier.

After letting the store "Motherhood Maternity" add us to some list, we have been getting a couple of magazines. One is called "Parents" and it's kind of silly because over half of it is advertising. There is a lot of advertising that is directed at parents-to-be and new parents. I think it's kind of unfair. There's another magazine they also send us called "InStyle" and I have yet to even open one of the issues. I guess I'm just not stylish enough.

On Saturday, I spent some time in the bedrooms packing away clothes that won't be used while I am in the third and fourth trimesters. I did some KonMari folding of things that I might wear, to make it easier for dear husband to fetch me things if I can't climb up and down the stairs. I packed away all non-nursing bras and all non-maternity pants. I think I'm ready to go back to the Motherhood store and pick up a few wireless nursing bras. Oh and maybe also a maternity swimsuit. Ahem, tankini.

Assuming baby arrives on time, we have 15 weekends left. Next weekend we are celebrating dear husband's birthday and the weekend after that we are celebrating Christmas. We spent last weekend doing our Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. I feel kind of strange waiting for baby showers that haven't even been scheduled yet. I don't know when they will be, who will be hosting, and whether anyone will buy anything off of our registry. 

One new product that I just got in the mail today is papaya chlorophyll chewables. I only tried them this morning for the first time, so I can't say they have changed my life, but I will keep you updated as I enter the third trimester, assuming the heartburn continues getting worse and worse.

A lot of people on my bumpers group are talking about maternity photos. I don't know how I feel about memorializing the pregnancy. I think I would be happier in the long-term with photos of the baby once he arrives. The only thing I was considering was a "pet photo with Santa" at the Northridge Fashion Center. I thought it would be cute to have a picture with a pregnant bump and our little doggie and Santa as baby's 0th Christmas.

CSUN group
I went to a women's holiday tea party last night. It was fun to sit around and discuss the intersection of motherhood, spirituality and organized religion. I don't really remember how we got on the topic but we started talking about what religions each of us were raised and what we consider ourselves now. It was a common thread that many women selected their family church based on what would provide a stable foundation for their children, including good Sunday school teachers.

My Grammerly tone detector says this post has been classified disapproving, dissatisfied, and forceful. Wow. I guess I really am having a case of the Mondays. I tagged this post beauty because I tried wearing makeup yesterday and it went kind of well and kind of not so well. Considering taking a professional photo, I want to put on a little color. I think the lipstick I ended up wearing (in the photo above) goes far enough towards something but not too much.

Finally, this week at Bradley class we'll be working on our birth plan, which I am hoping includes a full consideration of Advanced Directives. I guess I'll be putting together a folder or binder containing all pertinent information to bring with us to the hospital. I have already started a Google doc that will be a packing list for our hospital bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment