Wednesday, September 30, 2020

26 week check in

I finally feel like my core is starting to be less like jello and more like a washboard. I've been doing exercises to address diastasis recti for 2 months now. It's working slowly but surely.

Albert had his 6 month pediatrician appointment. He passed all his milestones. Sat up well. We got samples of vitamin D drops for him so we're starting to add that to his iron-fortified rice cereal that he has for breakfast. He had a solid poop yesterday and it freaked me out.

Last weekend he started babbling mama-mama and it made my heart sink down into my foot. My baby seems like he's starting to acquire language and it seems so soon. 

Balancing work and parenting is really stressful. I want to be with Albert all the time, to meet his needs and enjoy spending time with him. I also want to meet my students' needs, to be competent at my job and create a safe space (virtually) where we can be together, be vulnerable, exchange ideas, grow in knowledge, and build community. This is a very big ask! 

My dear husband says it's a challenge to be successful at all three of the tasks listed below:
1) deliver quality content
2) answer students' questions
3) monitor students' attention
He said simply, "pick two."

My Fit4Mom gal pals asked just yesterday whether I have a tech TA to assist and the answer is that I was offered one but I didn't realize I would need it until now. Too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment