Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pregnancy Part 27

I feel like I'm living on Whole Wheat English Muffins. Seriously, I eat 1 or 2 per day. It is getting harder to eat well since I have a big return of nausea. Seriously, when I wake up, it's like I have a hangover. I feel so thirsty, but I'm afraid to drink water because I don't want to vomit.

I'm also like seriously unmotivated. I spent all day Wednesday watching Sex and the City and I'm on track to do it again today. Between the nausea and belly aches, I just don't want to move or do any chores.

We have house guests coming this weekend and the dining room table is a mess. I want to clean it, I really do, but I just don't have the willpower. I don't want to be judged by my in-laws but I also resent (a little bit) the invasion of privacy. Like it would be fine if I had an idea of what they expect to do while they're here. I don't think they want to just sit around. How long does it take to show them what we have? Yes we're ready for the baby.

Next week my colleagues are throwing a baby shower at work. It's a surprise shower, so I haven't seen the invitation or guest list. Don't know the who, what, where, when, etc. I know I should just shut up and be grateful, but it's hard when I'm a control freak.

Next week is also my last Fit4Baby class. And my first NST. I wonder if the doctor will suggest ECV if baby boy is still not head-down. 

Had a conversation with dear husband about: under what circumstances would I be comfortable with interventions, such as epidural, narcotics, surgery. Like what would have to happen for me to be OK with it. I said something like: drop in baby's heart rate. I guess my fear is that a stranger will be overseeing my delivery, will take one look at me and think, she's fat and old and there's no way she'll push this baby out without drugs and interventions. I know it's silly to insist on a natural birth since there's no guarantee of no complications, but I also don't want someone's judgment based on my outward appearance and stupid numbers on a chart. 

I wonder if husband and mother in-law will be my best advocates or worst nightmare. I actually said outloud that MIL would order for me to be knocked out, baby extracted and a little cosmetic procedure done while I'm already on the operating table. I actually think this could happen. I think fear is normal at this point, so I'm trying not to over think it.

No comments:

Post a Comment