Thursday, February 20, 2020

Pregnancy Part 28

The main symptoms I'm feeling now include pain and discomfort. I am feeling more aches in my pubic symphysis and to a lesser extent sacroiliac joints. When I roll on my birth ball it feels really weird now, like it moves the baby. Or like something is almost falling out of my vagina.

We got a visit from some friends who brought breastfeeding supplies, cloth diapers, disposable newborn diapers, a Halo sleepsack, a diaper pail and some wet bags, a newborn scale, padsicle supplies, and three birth balls. It was great so see them and spend the afternoon just hanging out.

We got a box of stuff from my friend in Florida. Cloth diapers, swim diapers, carseat mirror, board books, and a few items I'm not 100% sure what they are.

We had our baby shower at work. It was so overwhelming. The department decorated the hell out of the conference room and had the best food catered in. There were real games and everything. At the end, we unwrapped gifts and it was so fun oohing and aahing about all the cute little clothes. Our colleagues are so excited for us and we're so lucky to have our academic family who are all extremely supportive. They pooled their financials and bought the IKEA crib from our registry. So I guess we'll be assembling that over the weekend. It's all coming together.

We also had a 'baby shower' at Fit4Baby last night. My teacher gave me a gift bag with chocolate almonds, a room spray and baby wipes. She brought tiny yellow roses, which made the room smell lovely. 

This afternoon is our NST and I guess I'm starting to feel excited and ready to welcome baby. I mean physically and emotionally. Found out that baby is head down and that I'm not showing any signs of preeclampsia. I am so relieved I took a 2 hour nap and slept better than I have in weeks.

I tagged this post beauty because although I am having a surge of chin acne due to hormones, my hair is finally growing out past the mullet stage. I tagged it bikethevote because early voting starts on Saturday and I plan to go for it just in case. I used the tags cross-training and pool because with the swimming and Fit4Baby, I am feeling good and strong.

I used the tags dancing and music because I hope to be mobile during labor and I was grooving in the car yesterday and it really cheered me up. I used the tag learning because I'm still learning so much about how to care for this baby. I'm open to it and just trying to be as much of a sponge as possible. The love tag is for the main feeling I'm getting from those around me, as well as the feeling I have towards this baby.

I used the tag meditation because that's what I've been doing on Friday afternoons. I feel motivation and look forward to using teamwork to build the crib this weekend, to have it done and ready. We're in the home stretch now, and we've been fairly successful in keeping up with nutrition and vitamins, leading to a slow and steady weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment