Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Technology Love


I finally gave in and bought a new computer (laptop). Here is a timeline of previous mobile device purchases. Of course we've bought desktop computers here and there, out of necessity, which made it unnecessary to replace the older laptops for quite a while.

Prior models

6/20/2010

7/10/2020
Intel i53470 32Ghz 
8GB Memory 
500GB HD 
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

1/26/2022
~~HP EliteDesk 800 G1-T~~ desktop (for work)
Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz
8GB RAM
2TB Hard Drive
DVDRW
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5/11/2022
Fitbit Versa 3 smartwatch

1/19/2023
ASUS E210 M (this is the new one pictured above)

So far I've used it to teach one Excel workshop and I'm getting ready to use it again to teach an Excel workshop this Friday. I had to get it because they upgraded our labs to include projectors which have an HDMI cable and I didn't have a laptop that would do Excel and project. In prior years, we would have booked the computer lab and I wouldn't have needed to Bring My Own Device.

So far, I'm pretty happy with my Versa 3 smartwatch. I like how long it holds a charge (longer than 3 days) and I like how it can pair with my phone to deliver calls and text messages. I can reply with an emoji which is pretty useful. I also have it connected to my Google calendar so it can remind me of upcoming meetings and appointments. I use it a lot to set a timer.

I do think it is getting to be time to replace our phones. We recently had to migrate over from Sprint to T-Mobile. I don't know what type of deal we might be able to get, but I talked it over with Mike and he seems to be thinking we can just wait until one of our phones is completely Kaput before doing the task of shopping and buying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment