Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Birthday month

July 2026 has been a wild ride. I am proud of my bravery, there are some tough things I have tackled. Small things have been adding up to create real change.

Some of what we did was to take advantage of birthday coupons and browsing Buy Nothing. That was my mission the first full week of July. Get free stuff. Also, I did a garage clean-out and gifted the excess.

✅️ 7/6 BuyNothing pickup
✅️ 7/11 Slay 5k

The second full week / weekend of July, we went to the Inland Empire and celebrated with friends and family. We had to cancel some things to make it happen, but it was a nice quick vacation.

🚫 7/16 donate blood
✅️ 7/16 Annika bday party
✅️ 7/18 Jeremy bday party
🚫 7/18 NaughtyIRL
🚫 7/18 F4M sip & Swap
🚫 7/19 CicLAvia

The third fill week of July, I focused on health stuff. I spent the better part of a day making appointments for my health gauntlet. I completed the process of getting our son a new pediatrician, since his pediatrician's office is closing for good at the end of this month. Also, I organized my clothes closet so I can get dressed easier when school starts.

✅️ 7/22 Donate Blood πŸ©ΈπŸ’‰
🚫 7/25 F4M BOOK πŸ“– CLUB
✅️ 7/26 Run the Valley fest

The last week of July, some of the plans and orders made earlier in the month came to fruition. We did some crafts and some field trips. At the end of May, we weeded out old books and papers from a closet, then left all the toys in a disordered manner. This month, we finished the project by removing all toddler toys and organized the remaining stuff into categories.

✅️ 7/27 Reg Bimbo Global
✅️ 7/28 Chiro
✅️ 7/31 Ob/Gyn

Yes, we spent a lot of money, but it was good. I am preparing for back to school, another season of marathon training, and halloween. Once school starts, I feel like I will be so busy.

Running stuff
$356.53 = shoes
$50 = RunDisney shirts
$100.97 = F4M shirts
$17.5 = 5 stickers
$30 = sparkle skirt
$70.83 = bra & Nike shirt
$16.47 = fleet feet fuel
=$642.30

Amazon
Spinning wheel $10
$140 face cream
Beads, foam pumpkins, fairy jar supplies $94.67
Watch band $8
Rose gold bra hangers $16
Glow sticks $6

Travel / Entertainment
Michaels $138.80 + $7.35
USPS $59.28 + $14.50
Mall day $63.48 (curacao, wetzel, chi, bath & body)
Harleys Bowl $23.60 + $5
Red Robin playdate $65.94
Five below $13.86
Wetzel $10.15
AMC $24.78 + $11.08
Miguel's $13.15
$50.73 McDonald's
$201.01 Marriott
$76.97 Spaghetti Factory
$29.33 Taco Station
$31.50 Farmers market
Santa Clarita pool $12
Michaels $101.82
Beach parking @ Venice $9
4 pairs Goodr $47
Discovery cube $37.67 + $21
SkyZone $32
=$1,100.96

Halloween / running
Aurora tank $36
Aurora crown $7

Chiro 
$20.8+$26+$15.6+$26
=$88.40

Considering 20 weekdays, the entertainment category ends up averaging to $55 per day or $275 per week. Day camp at Northridge Park is $220 to $310. Prices for CSUN Sunny Days camp starts at an Early Bird rate of $350, moving to a Regular rate of $380, and a Late rate of $410 per week. So what I can conclude from this is, we're doing okay.

It was a great birthday month.

No comments:

Post a Comment