Thursday, September 24, 2026

big guns

 


I finally had my appointment with a menopause-informed OB/GYN that I got a referral to from my primary doctor. 

He said Lo-Loestrin is great for managing perimenopause symptoms; that's what his wife took during that time.

He said the estrogen and progesterone dose in Lo-Loestrin is 4 times what you would get if you were prescribed HRT. So it's actually stronger.

He suggested I get an A1C measurement. I called my primary doctor to order that test for LabCorp. They'll email me the form.

He said he wants to see me again in 6 months for a check-up. So I guess that would be after the marathon.

He said it sounds like I'm doing everything right, and getting older just sucks.

He said not to worry about the heterogeneous uterus.

I went to Planet Fitness by myself and did the strength-training circuit my friend Erik showed me. I can see myself getting into a routine where I do that every week.

After one cycle of birth control pills, I did notice a significantly lighter period. During the placebo time, hot flashes and brain fog return. Irritability and itchy feet are back. And hair loss returns without estrogen supplementation. I noticed that after just 2 days on placebo.

I feel like my plantar fasciitis is actually getting better. I'm sleeping in hiking boots every night. I'm scraping my muscles before bed every night. I'm taking naproxen and ibuprofen in high doses both morning and night.

I also had time to make a new video for RunClub!

No comments:

Post a Comment