Thursday, May 21, 2020

My boobs can tell time

Shower thoughts after a night of good sleep seem so profound. I was showering, washing my body, when I thought: wow my boobs can tell time now. 

Want to do more reading about prolactin and circadian clock, MOTN pumping.


https://www.llli.org/breast-milks-circadian-rhythms-2/

The night before Mother's day I had a dream that I went to a roller rink that had two side-by-side indoor wood floor rinks but they were in use. The staff told me I could go outside and enjoy the outdoor rollerpark, which was kind of like the LA County Arboretum. There were popup thrift shops and art participation booths, very much like an open streets (CicLAvia) event. Then Sigourney Weaver showed up to skate and she was heavily pregnant. I thought she was a beautiful symbol of fertility and full of life. And then I woke up to breastfeed my son. I think I'm just dreaming of fun and wonderful things that make me happy, and dreaming of the time before COVID-19, when we didn't think about social distancing and we weren't required to wear masks in public.

It's frustrating to have abdominal cramps and wonder if it's my period coming back, 9 weeks postpartum. Then I read that it's different for every woman whether you are breastfeeding or not. I was rinsing spinach leaves and destemming them for a soup and it occurred to me that every leaf is shaped differently but they are all good and nutritious. So why would all women have the same pregnancy and postpartum symptoms on the same timeframes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment