Tuesday, July 2, 2024

ambiance

What are the components of ambiance? Architecture, landscape design, lighting and smells. Inspired by "Women of Walt Disney Imagineering: 12 Women Reflect on their Trailblazing Theme Park Careers," I have been putting in touches of ambiance into our home to evoke opulence and cozyness.


I've written previously about which aromas I have, which ones I really like, and which ones I want to buy next. I have found that the oils containing musk just aren't to my liking. In my humidifier, it ends up smelling like "wet dog" and that's just the worst!
http://bitchonabike.blogspot.com/2024/01/mom-rage.html

I have been following Provost Park Pass's Walt Disney World hotel challenge on YouTube. One day, I put on the corresponding aroma while watching the resort tour and it was really fun. I immediately felt more immersed and transported, which is important if you are stuck at home, saving money.

The YouTube videos are all in a playlist, but it doesn't say the hotel name in the title of the video, it just says Day 1, Day 2, etc. so I made a list of which hotel was on which day and which scents I have already.* If there is an ❌ then it means there is a corresponding scent but I just haven't bought it (yet).

1. All Star Sports Resort
2. All Star Music Resort
3. POP Century
   ❌ Century
4. All Star Movie 
5. Art of Animation 
   ❌ Animation
6. Caribbean Beach
   ❌ Caribbean Resort
7. Port Orleans Riverside 
8. Port Orleans French Quarter 
   *Orleans Resort
9. Coronado Springs Resort 
   ❌ Destino
10. Polynesian Village 
   *Polynesian 
11. Contemporary 
   *Contemporary
12. The Grand Floridian
   *Floridian 
13. The Wilderness Lodge
   *Wilderness Resort
14. The Boardwalk Resort
   ❌ On The Boardwalk 
15. The Riveria Resort
   *French Riviera
16. The Beach Club
   ❌ Beach Resort
17. Yacht Club Resort
    ❌ Yacht Resort 
18. Saratoga Springs Resort 
19. Old Key West
   ❌ Key West
20. Animal Kingdom Lodge
   ❌ African Lodge


Century: green tea, lemongrass

Animation: lemon, aloe, lily of the valley, rose petals, white tea leaves, sweet musk

Caribbean Resort: lemon, orange, pineapple, lime, caramel, coconut, buttercream, coconut milk, vanilla bean, musk

Destino: grapefruit, peach, pineapple, cassis, Meyer lemon, Brazilian orange, rose, jasmine, ylang, sandalwood, amber, musk

On The Boardwalk: sweet clover, aloe, marine air, lavender, bergamot, sea minerals, green tea, fresh florals, driftwood, amber, sea moss

Beach resort: green clover, aloe, jasmine, lily of the valley, ylang, cedar

Yacht Resort: green clover, aloe, watery green floral

Key West: coconut, passion fruit, guava, pineapple, banana, melon, grapefruit

African Lodge: sandalwood, jasmine, violet, orchid, bergamot, sweet plum, sheer vanilla, cashmere, amber

🌟 BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE - Use Code: B2G1



There's another YouTube channel called Park Pass TV that does walking tours of the outside of resorts. They also have a curated playlist of the resorts. I like and watch both. Park Pass TV has motivational 45 minute walks that live stream. I find it somewhat fun to participate in the chat. These content creators are amazing. I so appreciate the work they're doing to inform, entertain, and inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment