Thursday, July 23, 2020

the best drugs

Started watching "The Business of Drugs" on Netflix last night. All that talk of dopamine and serotonin made me think of my baby.

Yes. Baby smells delicious. I have even found my husband's smell more delicious lately. Like when I lay on his pillow, I love the smell of it. Like sugar cookies or freshly baked sweet bread. I wonder if it is due to oxytocin. Causing our nuclear family to bond even more tightly. That would be advantageous, no? For survival. And maybe my husband is making different aroma, maybe my nose receptors are rearranged or maybe my brain is perceiving it differently. Anyhow on the flip side, my own body is producing extreme BO. Or maybe that's just my perception. I have yet to get outside confirmation. Too scared to ask my husband, and due to COVID, I don't see anyone else in person.

Last week was another hormonal rollercoaster. I was super weepy on Thursday and Friday then had a migraine on Sunday. I am kind of trying to track when these bumps in the road occur to predict if my period is coming back.

I swear I have never been so present in the here and now of my life since getting pregnant and having this baby. Starting in pregnancy, I did a lot of monotasking. Being really aware of my surroundings to protect the baby. Not doing too many things at once. Like not "carrying stuff up and down the stairs while listening to music." I did just one thing like walking. And just focused on that one thing. It was a major shift. I know people say mindfulness is a tool to help recovering addicts. I don't know how I will ever let go of this baby when I return to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment