Wednesday, July 15, 2020

turning 40

I have devoted this month to my son, who has survived his hernia repair surgery and 4-month vaccinations. I will be keeping a close eye on him and doing all I can to promote rest and healing. I never really looked forward to turning 40, and had no expectations for how it would be, so I am completely content in how it has turned out.

A few little gifts I bought for myself are linked below. I have no regrets about these purchases!

new slippers

Not only are these items COVID-19 quarantine approved, but they complete my postpartum essential wardrobe. Heather gray is my new favorite color. I used to think of it as drab but now it is the best at camouflaging dried spit-up. Thank you, Heather!

Also my baby's pediatrician kind of scolded me yesterday for not taking prenatal vitamins. She said my baby looks too pale. He's exclusively breastfed (EBF). I read somewhere that mom and baby store the iron from prenatal vitamins taken during pregnancy for 4 months postpartum so I was going to re-start the vitamins soon anyway, but it didn't feel good to be told there's something wrong with the way my baby looks. 

I read that babies shouldn't wear sunscreen until they are at least 6 months old, so I've been covering him head-to-toe if we go outside. Of course he's pale, right? I am terrified of him getting a sunburn and becoming super cranky or dehydrated. Do babies tan? 


They told me to stop all supplements when I was discharged from the hospital after my C-section and then at my 6-week follow up OB appointment, my doctor was ambivalent about whether I needed supplements. She was like: it's ok if you want to. But she wasn't like: definitely start taking your vitamins.

Anyhow, last night I took the prenatal multivitamin, vitamin D, calcium/magnesium, DHA/EPA and lecithin. I think I need to buy a daily pill case so I don't forget to take these. I am having the worst memory lately.

Postpartum pandemic shopping to have something to look forward to is a real thing. I also got a silicone mold to start making & freezing baby food.

No comments:

Post a Comment